Saturday, February 14, 2009

DAY 48: Valentine's Day as an impatient...

Well I guess to use a baseball analogy for this stay, we're rounding third and have our eyes on home. I am hoping to be discharged tomorrow. I'm on my Orange Gatorage chemo today for 24hrs straight.

I've learned that lavender oil is a great antidote to nausea, so whenever a wave comes over me, I grab Candace's bottle and breathe like there's no tomorrow. So far, seems to work pretty well -- so I'll stick with it.

While I didn't leave my room for the last two days, as I've been feeling pretty darn puny and weak, I did just poke my head into the hallway for a few laps. Felt good to get things moving a little. I guess this is these visits go: I start out feeling somewhat well, and then it takes a few days to saturate my systems with all these cocktails. Then the 'blah' phase takes over.

I got some brain chemo on Wednesday and below are some photos to show how just downright awkward it looks to have a needle in a bald head with some chemicals being sqirt in.





Thanks for all the kind comments from the last post. Thinking that we've accomplished much healing in a relatively short period of time gives me courage to push ahead and is building faith within me at just how powerful our Creator is. There is nothing that is too great for Him in our sight. What a hard thought to get our little heads around... but if we only ask, we may be stunned where He meets us.

Since He loves us unconditionally, He will certainly never abandon us.

Tell someone you love them today... even if you want to claim Hallmark made you do it!

6 comments:

Candace and Stuart said...

I love you.

Aida Rita said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Candace.

Martha said...

Stuart and Candace, I want you to know how much we appreciate seeing pictures of your participation in treatment. It takes a lot of courage and self esteem to let those photos go out. You look like a big ole doll propped up there taking your medicine. You look good and robust. I look forward to reading your testimony each time you post something; it blesses me.

Tom Benton said...

hey man, it's V day +1...I love you too. Stay strong. You've been a quiet inspiration

Kelle Ortiz said...

Man, that looks like it hurts. Geez. You are amazing.

Michelle said...

Much love Stuart! Love the t-shirt! So glad to hear of remission! Keep beating it like a drum baby!