Monday, February 9, 2009

DAY 43: The eve of Round 3... go Team Stu!

Tomorrow morning at 7:45, I get a PET/CT scan to make sure what we're doing is working and the cancer is not getting worse. Who knows, could it already be completely gone? I am open to that option. The preliminary plan is to do two rounds of chemo AFTER a scan shows no evidence of the disease. If that comes after 4, we'll do a total of 6 rounds. If it comes after 6, we'll do 8. If it comes after 8, we'll have to stop chemo and look to a plan B... but I am not currently entertaining this option!

After the scan tomorrow, I will walk upstairs in the hospital and check myself back in for the week. I expect to be there another 6 days like the last two times.

I pray this week will be as uneventful as possible... no surgeries, no heart problems, no unmanageable side effects.

My dear friend for the past 20+ years in Nashville got together with some family and other close friends and commissioned a Team Stu t-shirt run! They look great! Thank you, thank you so much!

10 comments:

LaT said...

Where can we get one?

p3musicnashville said...

Same here.......where can I get one!

Jeff said...

Good luck on the PET Stuart, I'm enjoying keeping up with your story from CA, and it's amazing how coherent your writing is considering all the chemo they're throwing at you. Keep it up!

Kelle Ortiz said...

Gigi wants on

David, Jenny, Jack and Victor said...

Way to go, Myr! Team in Training uniform, anyone?

Myr and Hollie said...

Stu, good luck today, I'll be praying as usual. Go Team Stu!!!

Unknown said...

What an amazingly appropriate T-shirt!
We're constantly thinking of you and praying for you.
J&W

Unknown said...

I'm wearing my Team Stu shirt right now. Awesome idea, Myr!

Good luck, Stu. We're praying for you.

Kelly said...

Yeah,I want one! Good luck! Hope the PET scan comes back clean.

Martha said...

Love the t-shirt! What a GREAT idea. Myr and Hollie are sweethearts. I went to their wedding, took photos, rushed photos to England so the other Musketeer could see what he was so sad to have missed. You three friends are blessed to have each other and it has been fun watching you all grow up. God bless you this week, Stuart and Candace. (Take a couple of drums with you to signal the nurses when you need attention.)