Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DAY 165: Counts are up!

Even though my softball team was handed a 10-2 decisive loss last night, I learned yesterday that my white blood cells have come up to 5.9! This means I am no longer neutropenic and have made it through my last nadir period!!! YES! A huge milestone. Only one infection back in March and none since.

Today, I woke up feeling somewhat 'normal' -- whatever that means. I feel now more normal than I've felt in 6 months, for sure. I am having to resist the urge to dive back into normal activities right away. I tend to get bored very easily, so I'm already getting the itch to fill my time with work and 'stuff' to do. Not sure how long I can hold out!

Funny -- when I felt horrible, I had no problem sitting still all day and being quiet. When I get a taste of feeling good, I immediately want to avoid quiet/still time. Hmmmm. Not sure if this is good, bad, normal, or what-- but it's me for now.

Ok- off to the mid-week service at our church. That, I can handle.

4 comments:

Jon and Amanda said...

It was so good to see you keeping score last night. So glad you are feeling more like yourself.

Martha said...

You are avoiding quiet/still time? Yay! I am really excited about your saying that. Definitely, the normal Stuart is revving up his engines! I am reminded of a night back in the nineties when you and David were at my house and loading up at about 2am to drive back to school at Wake. You guys were loud and wild and my next door neighbor called and she was threatening to call the police!

julia.marie said...

Praise the LORD!!! it was lovely seeing you last night. I look forward to your playing softball soon :)

Blog Strong said...

Congratulations. Great News on passing your final Nadir Drop -- these are always scary, scary times.

Well, off to work two hours late for me today, but my 8 hours of work through a steroid-induced insomniac night will probable make my tardiness more than acceptable

Take Care, Buddy,

-Sam