Thursday, January 15, 2009

DAY 17: Middle-age looks, thrust upon us...

Well there is no more mystery surrounding what I'd look like if I lost my hair at 50. In the span of about 24 hours, I've managed to age about 20 years. Looks pretty freaky, eh? I am reminiscent of a mid-1990s Billy Bob Thornton of sorts.



I received a phone call from one of my most beloved friends yesterday, during which he quipped, "You're at your house right? Good. So am I... so come on out." Let me also add that this is my one friend who possesses a most prized and lush head of hair out there. It's one of those heads of hair that is years in the making. In the span of a few short minutes, he had managed to level the playing field and consummate an act of solidarity and friendship that I will never forget.

11 comments:

Kelle Ortiz said...

oh dear Lord. That is incredible. I cried.

Mark Allers said...

There are ladies all over the world grieving the coifing of these gorgeous locks. Well done Matt.

Jen Harris said...

THAT is a person who understands what is it to be a friend. Awesome.

Unknown said...

That's a true friend. Simply Amazing.

David, Jenny, Jack and Victor said...

uh- so it's OK to visit??

Jane Joiner said...

What a great looking guy you are, Stuart. Don't you dare compare yourself to Billy Bob. He is creepy, especially in sling blade. And by the way, you friend there is an awesome guy too. Matt you are a class act.
Jane Joiner

Marty Reardon said...

Stu, do you need me to come over and put up your Christmas decorations? ;)

I love you and your bald head.

Marty

Lindsey Elizabeth Burke said...

So...did Matt leave you a new pet in the box? You could always pretend it's a ch-ch-chia pet! I dig the do!!

Aida Rita said...

AWESOME !

Kelly said...

Stu, I told you weeks ago you'd look good bald, and you do! As for Matt, that is awesome! He looks good bald too! My friend Lou when she got cancer all the men in her family shaved their heads in support of her. I think even some of the women did too.

Martha said...

You look robust and handsome, Stuart. What a fabulous sense of humor. God bless you this week.