Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lock and load. Here we go...

Well tonight I get to pack for a week's vacation. Probably will be a small bag with some PJs, a few books, a laptop, and some toiletries. Tomorrow morning I will wake up and drive over to Emory and see what's in store for me. I anticipate getting the results of my PET/CT before they give me general anesthesia to place the port in my chest... just in case something unexpected has happened in the last six weeks.

I was told to expect about a 6-7 day inpatient stay each time. This first stay may be a day longer due to the port implantation surgery and longer infusion times necessary, as my individual reactions are not yet known. Who knows. I've got a lot to learn (still).

At this time, I'm very peaceful and looking forward to this season to come. I anticipate meeting some amazing people (fellow patients, nurses, cancer survivors, etc). I can't wait to hear their stories.

Thanks for staying tuned. I will let you know how tomorrow goes when tomorrow gets here. Merry Christmas, yet again!

6 comments:

lisa engle said...

i'm grateful to know and trust that He is your constant companion. sweet peace and His strength to you. have fun on your adventure. excited to be 'along'. be sure to say your needs to 'us'. prayers are steady.

Marty Reardon said...

Stu, I love you and praying for you. What's your room number? I want to let the kids come and play around with all that hospital equipment! ;)

May the peace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, be with you.

Blog Strong said...

Hey Stuart,

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and sending you good vibes. It's hard to believe, but going after the cancer will make you feel great. Also, if their putting you on Prednisone, hang on because you're in for a ride. If you respond anything like me you'll have the most productive period in your life.

A word of advice on reading material: If you respond like me, the chemo drugs may make you a little A.D.D. I've very much enjoyed poetry and short stories over the last month or so.

If you're willing, send me an address I can get something to you at my email account. I've got a small gift for you to celebrate you're commencement of beating cancer.

Well, tomorrow we'll be sharing the experience of getting chemo. Peg Asparaginase for me, one of my least favorites thus far -- but not all that bad.

Sending my best,

Sam
bikeryder@gmail.com

Meghan said...

We Arias' are behind you all the way, friend. Praying for you.

Much love and peace to you and Candace, in buckets and buckets.

Kelly said...

Stu I am thinking about you and Candace and praying for you!! Your strength is inspriring!

Jo said...

Hello! I somehow managed to click, click, click right into your blog... and I spent this morning reading every word.

I will hold you up in prayer! If God is for us, who can be against us?

-Jo