Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christ has come... Merry Christmas!

I hope every one of you had a joyous day. Today is a celebration of a remarkable event in the history of the world. While I desire to write more intently on the wonder and amazement (greater than ever before) that I now have surrounding the true meaning of Christmas, that will have to wait until a later date - one where I can give it the thought and reflection it well deserves.

But for now, we will hone in on the hours ahead: I'm on the eve of one of the many forks in the road in this journey. Tomorrow I will get a new baseline PET/CT scan that will reveal if the cancer has spread since we scanned it over a month ago, or if something else has happened. We will wait and see. Healing can come in many forms, as time will prove.

My prayer tonight is that God will use me, through this experience, to increase the faith of others. If my infirmity has the indirect effect of deepening the faith of another - if only one single person - I consider it a worthy endeavor.

The larger script in life is sometimes difficult to perceive. I know that I, too often, see it with a finite beginning and end. This is not the case. The divine story is as great as the cosmos, with no beginning and no end. In it, we all play a vital part. Our lives, be them only temporarily in the flesh, have implications both forward and backward that we will not be able to appreciate in this world. For that reason, the importance of building faith in another should take a paramount role.

Far be it from any one of us to know exactly how our role is most effectively played out, but if each of us is open and available to live it out as the Lord sees fit, then His glory will be greater, and ours will be less. And this is a good thing in the larger story of life.

3 comments:

Andy Rocha said...

Amen, bro.

Jeff said...

Stuart---

We will be saying prayers on the West Coast for you as you begin the next chapter! Best of luck with the upcoming steps!

In Him,

Jeff Jenkins

Joel and Katie said...

Hey Stuart~ Wow...it has been too many years since our WUMC youth group days. I have just recently seen your blog and have spent some time catching up on your life. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Your wife is beautiful, and obviously loves you well. I am so thankful that you both are so focused on where the Lord has you in life and in your marriage. What a precious gift. Secondly, i am sorry to hear about your diagnosis but so encouraged about how the Lord will use it for His glory. I am praying for you brother!!
We will have to catch up on life at another point...but thanks for keeping the blog updated so we know how to pray for you guys specifically.
My husband, Joel and my daughter, tilly are praying for you!
Merry, Merry Christmas!!
Katie Moran Bostrom