Sunday, November 23, 2008

Let Monday bring good word...

Well the weekend fared well, as I am healing from my appendectomy incisions and feel fine overall. Surgery is an easy way to lose a little weight, but it sure isn't the best way! This one will be quick: tomorrow I should find out, based on the PET/CT scan and bone marrow, what stage this little bugger is. It'll be anywhere from Stage I (localized), Stage II (in multiple areas, all below the diaphragm), Stage III (on both sides of the diaphragm, which must be the Mason-Dixon of cancer staging), or Stage IV (in my bone marrow).

Come on, low numbers, low numbers. We'll see. While the staging most likely won't change the treatment protocols, it will have a bearing on our likelihood of success. So, to me, Monday is a big day.

While I feel less and less that I'm writing about someone else and am coming more to a realization that this is a fight I cannot avoid, I know that any fear can be met by the Word and presence of the Lord. And that is my focus. Goodnight for now.

May the Lord bless and keep you.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Stuart,

Zack and I will be praying for low numbers for you for tomorrow. You and Candace are in our thoughts and prayers.

Candace Smartt said...

I Love you baby. You are my favorite. God's peace rest on you tomorrow.

Lindsey Elizabeth Burke said...

Isaiah 49:16
"See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; our walls are ever before me."
Isaiah 58:11
"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
Zephaniah 3:17
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Low numbers, low numbers, low numbers. Praying.

The Freunds said...

God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

You and Candace are in our prayers daily. We love you both. Thank you for this blog!

Unknown said...

Stuart and Candace,

You two are in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bless you both! Helen and Ron