Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DAY 192: Looking forward to DAY 193...

Tomorrow I will get my scan results. This will be a huge milestone to confirm that the treatment was successful and we've turned the page from treatment to 'maintenance' mode.

My hair has continued to come in... including whiskers (half-beard, still!), eyelashes, eyebrows, and scalp peach fuzz. I didn't anticipate that such a minor change would carry such a big weight: I look at myself and don't see myself as a recent cancer patient; rather, I see myself as a normal, healthy dude with a really short summer buzz cut. It's a nice change.

Still not able to play softball, due to those darn weak legs... but I am close -- I can feel it!

Update tomorrow after the Emory visit!

8 comments:

Martha said...

Praying for great results on your scan. When are you going to St. Augustine?

David, Jenny, Jack and Victor said...

Hooray!

Candace and Stuart said...

Well...so much for not being able to play softball :)

Aida Rita said...

yeah !!

julia.marie said...

it was wonderful seeing you play softball! so glad you did. praying for great results :)

Lil' Katie said...

Stu-

I'm so happy to see you posted again! Sam, his mum, and I have all been thinking about you and hoping for the best with your scans. Glad to see you got to play softball! Can't wait to hear about the scans!
Katie

a fine mess said...

praying, praying for good results today.

Martha said...

so, what are your results????