Friday, September 25, 2009

Counts are... sideways with an uptick!

Just got back from Emory where they drew more blood and ran some tests. The white count is now 2.0, up from 1.7.

The upward direction is good news, but they are still low enough to watch a bit more closely. I will get word from the doctor on Monday regarding how he wants to approach things.

I am grateful for so much. I am saying that mostly to remind myself of this. How easy it is to be at '80%', and focus on all the things you're missing out on within that last remaining 20%. Why can't I focus on all the amazing improvements captured in that 80% and just let the 20% come when it will? I'll try to do so.

My wife is soooooo beautiful. I am a lucky man.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Yes, you do have a beautiful wife! I love the beach pictures of you two. Take good care of yourselves this weekend. Maybe you need some Mexican food with beans or something good. Are you drinking lots of water? I'm thankful for your blog; it gets us all to thinking. Love ya'll.

David, Jenny, Jack and Victor said...

Amen. 80% is the new 1000%.

Unknown said...

I go to Trinity Church. Couldn't sleep tonight - woke up about 2 ours ago and my mind started churning on worries. My parents are really struggling financially and I am at the one-year anniversary of an extremely challenging marriage that involves alcohol. So I just started writing about all the things dealing with possible solutions, scenarios. Then I found myself on Trinity's site trying to find a prayer list for my parents or something.

But, I found you instead. Stuart, you have been such an inspiration to me tonight. I so appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts. I appreciate your candor, your bravery, your positive 80%, your ability to say your wife is beautiful (she really is) and know how lucky you are. Keep telling her that to inspire me it is out there. We / You are so lucky in lots of ways.

I just want you to know how much peace you have brought me tonight -peace and catalyst for taking actions I need to take. Thank you very much.

I feel some need to try to give back - have you ever heard of The Teaching of Abraham by Jerry & Ester Hicks or Excuse me your Life is Waiting? Talks about the vibrational energy of life (physics) and how "like attracts like". Your positive 80% rule aligns with this - very helpful resources for me. I also love www.gratefulness.org - daily quotes.

I am sending you prayers, good vibrations and many thanks. Holley in Atlanta

Vanessa said...

So glad to hear the counts are headed in the upward direction! Keeping you and Candace in my prayers!

William said...

Still praying for you each day and glad you keep us informed, love to both of you. William and Judy

Martha said...

What did the doctor say?